Chicken, Corn And Lime Soup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups finely-chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 5 cups canned low-salt chicken broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes in juice - (14 1/2 oz)
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels - (abt 10 oz)
- 4 teaspoons minced seeded serrano chilies or jalapeño chilies
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 skinless boneless chicken thighs fat trimmed, and meat thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until onion is tender, about 8 minutes. Add broth, tomatoes with juices, corn, chilies and cumin and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until corn is tender and flavors blend, about 7 minutes. Add chicken and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes. Stir in 4 tablespoons cilantro and lime juice. Season soup to taste with salt and pepper.
Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Per serving: calories, 161; total fat, 5 g; saturated fat, 1 g; cholesterol, 21 mg.
You'll also love
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (760 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Bacon & Corn Chowder 4.5/5 (294 Votes)
- Corn Nuggets 3.9/5 (462 Votes)
- Maple Seared Scallops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beach House Seafood Strata 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken With Apple-Brandy Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chipotle Shrimp, Black Bean-Quinoa... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Leeks, Sweet Peppers And... 0/5 (0 Votes)