Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 sticks slightly softened butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 cups old-fashioned or rolled oats
- 1 extra-large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Adapted from wsj.com
Soak raisins in hot water for 30 minutes, then drain.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, sift together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
Using an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy, scraping down frequently. Take care not to overbeat.
Add flour mixture to creamed butter and sugar and mix on low speed until combined. Mix in oats, followed by drained raisins, egg and vanilla.
Use a ¼-cup measure to scoop dough onto a parchment-paper lined baking sheet. Flatten each blob with base of measuring cup. Cover baking sheet with plastic wrap and refrigerate 4 days (optional).
To Bake Cookies:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake until cookies are golden-brown on the outside but still soft in the middle, about 17 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest on baking sheet a few minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool.