Wild Mushroom Farfalle
You can substitute fresh parsley or thyme for the dill. A little starchy pasta cooking liquid helps to bind the delicate sauce.
- 8 ounces uncooked farfalle pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 (4-ounce) packages exotic mushroom blend
- 1 cup unsalted vegetable stock
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 3/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, shaved (about 1/4 cup)
Adapted from myrecipes.com
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/3 cup cooking liquid.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and mushrooms; cook 8 minutes or until mushrooms are browned. Add stock and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in 1/3 cup reserved cooking liquid, dill, butter, rind, vinegar, and pepper. Add pasta; toss to coat. Place 1 1/4 cups pasta mixture in each of 4 bowls. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon ricotta cheese and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.