Banh Bung (Warm Noodle Salad with Beef)
- 3/4 pound beef tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 8 ounces uncooked fine rice vermicelli or spaghetti
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow onion separated into rings
- 4 cups bean sprouts
- 2 cups julienne-cut peeled cucumber
- 1 cup thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1 cup julienne-cut carrot
- 20 basil leaves
- 2/3 cup Lime-Vinegar Sauce
Trim fat from beef. Cut across grain into thin slices; set aside.
Combine oyster sauce, soy sauce, and sugar. Stir well; set aside.
Bring 3 quarts of water to a simmer in a large Dutch oven. Add rice vermicelli; simmer 2 minutes or just until tender. Drain and return rice vermicelli to pan. Add coconut milk; toss well. Set aside; keep warm.
Heat oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add beef; stir-fry 3 minutes. Add oyster sauce mixture; stir-fry 30 seconds. Remove from heat. Set aside; keep warm.
Combine bean sprouts, cucumber, cabbage, carrot, and basil in a large bowl; toss gently. Spoon bean sprout mixture into each of 4 large shallow bowls; top with beef mixture and 1 cup rice vermicelli mixture. Drizzle with Lime-Vinegar Sauce.
Serving Size: 2 cups bean sprout mixture, 2/3 cup beef mixture, 1 cup rice vermicelli mixture, and about 2 1/2 tablespoons Lime-Vinegar Sauce
You'll also love
- Cucumber Soup with Leeks and Celery 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Grouper with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta Mexicana 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lee's Favorite Veal Francese 0/5 (0 Votes)
- BAKED CAMEMBERT PASTA 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chinese Noodle Candy 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Casserole, Zippy Beef Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ramen Noodle Salad Topping 0/5 (0 Votes)