- 4 cups nacho-flavor tortilla chips,
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch pie plate. Spread crushed tortilla chips in the bottom of the prepared pie plate.
Cook ground beef and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat until meat is well browned. Drain fat. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon mixture over chips. Top meat with chili beans, tomato sauce, and cheese.
Bake pie, uncovered, until filling is hot and the cheese is melted, 15 to 17 minutes