HONEY AND SOY STICKY CHICKEN WINGS
Prep 15 min
Cook 45 min
Skill Level Easy
Serving Size 8
- 1 kg - 2 pounds of chicken wings.
- 6 tbsp of Soy sauce
- 1 inch piece of ginger, grated (or 1 tbsp powder)
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Some cayenne pepper (or chili flakes)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp of Ketjap Manis sauce (use soy and a little brown sugar if unavailable)
- 1/2 cup of honey
- One hand full of fresh thyme (or one tsp of dried)
- A few spring onions (green onions).
Adapted from recipe30.com
trim the ends of the wings and slice remainder of wing in half, through the joint.
Transfer wings to a marinating tray.
Add the soy sauce.
Add the grated ginger or use 1 tbsp powdered ginger.
Grate the garlic cloves and add to marinade.
Sprinkle Cayenne pepper.
Zest one whole lemon.
Juice and add the lemon juice.
Add the Ketjap Manis sauce.
Add the honey.
Add the thyme.
Add the olive oil.
Marinate in fridge overnight.
The next day, transfer to a roasting tray.
Spread out the wings so there's space in between.
Bake at 180ºC or 350ºF in oven for 45 minutes (after the first 25 minutes, turn over wings).
Serve with a few chopped spring onions (green onion).
You'll also love
- Super Simple Sweet Potato Dog... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Crispy Fish with Our Favorite Sauce 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Asiago Panko Crusted Pork Chops 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Asian Orange Chicken Thighs with... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Chicken Breasts Stuffed with... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings 4.6/5 (10 Votes)