Lemon Chicken With Couscous & Zucchini
- 1 (approximately 3-pound) chicken, broken into parts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 lemons
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 (7-ounce) box couscous
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 garlic cloves
- 2 medium zucchinis cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 1/2 tablespoons mint leaves, roughly chopped
Adapted from wsj.com
Heat oven to 425 degrees. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season generously with salt.
Set a large, ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Swirl in 3 tablespoons olive oil and, once hot, lay in chicken, skin-side down. Reduce heat to medium and cook, undisturbed, until skin is golden and crisp, about 7 minutes. Flip chicken and brown other side, about 5 minutes more. Grate zest of 1 lemon over chicken and transfer pan to oven. Roast chicken until just cooked through, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, pour 1¾ cups water into a medium pot and add a generous pinch of salt. Set pot over high heat and bring water to a boil. Pour in couscous, stir, and bring water back to a boil. Cover pot, add butter and remove from heat. Let couscous stand until grains are just tender, about 2 minutes. Uncover and toss with a fork until grains are loose and fluffy. Season to taste with salt.
Add remaining oil and garlic cloves to a medium sauté pan. Set pan over medium heat and gently fry garlic until golden on both sides, about 4 minutes total. Remove cloves, leaving oil in pan, and set garlic aside.
Raise heat under pan to medium-high. Once hot, add diced zucchini and cook until tender and browned all over, 6 minutes total.
While zucchini cooks, finely chop fried garlic cloves. Juice and zest remaining lemon. Add minced garlic and lemon juice to pan. Sauté zucchini 30 seconds more and season with salt. Remove pan from heat and stir in mint.
To serve, mound couscous onto a platter and top with chicken pieces. Garnish with reserved lemon zest and scatter zucchini around platter.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (891 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (904 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (742 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Alfredo Pasta 4.5/5 (688 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (679 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.5/5 (407 Votes)