Chicken and Carrots with Lemon Butter Sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves $
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 12 ounces (1/2-inch-thick) diagonally cut peeled carrot (about 2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup dry white wine $
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter $
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Adapted from myrecipes.com
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add chicken to pan. Cook 4 minutes or until browned on one side. Turn over; place pan in oven. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160°. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
3. While chicken cooks, arrange the carrots in a vegetable steamer; steam 7 minutes or until tender. Remove from steamer; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
4. Return skillet to medium-high heat. Add shallots and thyme; sauté 1 minute. Add wine. Bring to a boil; cook until reduced by half. Add stock. Bring to a boil, and cook 5 minutes or until reduced to 1/3 cup. Reduce heat to low. Add butter, stirring constantly with a whisk until butter melts. Remove from heat. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper, parsley, and juice, stirring with a whisk. Divide carrots evenly among 4 plates; top with chicken. Spoon sauce over chicken and carrots.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (809 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (310 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (230 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (164 Votes)