Turkey Florentine Stuffed Peppers
- 3 bell peppers
- 1-1.25 pounds lean Ground Turkey
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 whole bag of organic spinach (6 oz)
- 2.5 ounces of goat cheese (Buy the 5 oz, and use half, or if you LOVE goat cheese, add the whole thing!)
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt, pepper, olive oil
- Any additional spices you’d like to add to give it a kick*
Adapted from socalmommy.com
Wash and dry your bell peppers. Slice them in half from the top and remove seeds and insides. Place your six pepper “bowls” in a sprayed glass baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook ground turkey in a skillet pan until no longer pink, and in a separate larger pan, cook spinach until wilted. Once turkey is cooked, drain out the extra juice- you don’t want soggy peppers
After turkey is drained, stir in chopped garlic, salt and pepper to taste… and any additional spices you might like! Then transfer turkey into spinach pan. Mix well over low-medium heat until blended.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Add goat cheese to pan and mix until completely melted.
Fill peppers with your turkey, spinach, and cheese mixture and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.