Chicken Breasts With Prosciutto And Sage
- 2 chicken breast halves with skin and bones
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped celery
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup slivered prosciutto - (packed) abt 1 1/2 oz
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage (or 1 1/2 tspns dried sage)
Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sauté until brown, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to plate.
Add onion, carrot and celery to skillet; sauté until vegetables begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Return chicken and any accumulated juices to skillet; add wine, prosciutto and sage. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 6 minutes per side. Serve chicken with sauce.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled.