Cheesy Mashed Potato Casserole
Preheat oven to 350
- 5 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1-8 oz onion and chive cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c plus 2 tbsp butter, softened and divided
- 1 c half and half, lukewarm
- 1 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- black pepper to taste
- 3 c shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
Butter the bottom and sides of 7x11 casserole dish and set aside.
Cook potatoes until fork tender. Drain well. Place cooked potatoes in mixing bowl and use hand mixer to whip in cream cheese, 1/2 c butter, garlic salt and black pepper. Add half 7 half 1/4 c at a time. until desired consistency. Whip until smooth. Stir in 2 c shredded cheese. Pour into buttered casserole dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Dot with 2 tbsp butter. Bake for 40-45 mins.