Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin
The recipe said, "Tastes like Hash Brown Casserole without all the calories and carbs".
- 1 Med. spaghetti squash
- 2 TBS. butter
- 1 small yellow onion cut in half and very thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes, or more if you like it spicy
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese
1. Cut the spaghetti squash in half and remove the seeds. Place in a covered dish with a 1/4 inch of water and microwave for 10-12 min.
2. In a med. sized skillet over medium heat, add the butter, onions, red pepper and thyme and cook until the onions are slightly brown in color. Salt and pepper to taste,.
3. Using a fork, scrape the insides of the squash and transfer to a small bowl. Combine the squash, onions, sour cream and half the cheese together and mix well.
4. Transfer mixture to a buttered baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
5. Place into a 375 oven for 15-20 min. until golden brown on top.