Chocolate Pumpkin Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree (almost 2 cups)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- for ganache
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup cream
Adapted from chocolatechocolateandmore.com
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter with mixer on medium speed. Add brown sugar and continue to beat until light and fluffy. Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add in pumpkin puree and mix again. Mixture will be soupy.
2. Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Slowly add flour mixture to butter/pumpkin mixture, with mixer on low speed, until completely combined.
3. Pour batter into 2 greased and floured loaf pans. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40-45 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center, comes out clean. Let cakes rest in pans for 30 minutes, then turn out onto racks to cool completely.
4. Place chocolate chips and cream in a microwave safe dish. Heat on high for 1 minute in microwave then let rest for 2 minutes before stirring until completely smooth and all chocolate is melted. For easy drizzling, Place ganache in a plastic freezer bag, then cut a small hole in one corner of bag, Squeeze chocolate to drizzle over cakes as desired.
Notes: You can bake these cakes in either 8 x 4 inch loaf pans or 8.5 x 4.5 loaf pans