Pasta with Oysters and Tasso
- 1 (12-ounce) container select oysters undrained
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 2/3 cup diced tasso
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon Cajun-Creole Seasoning (see recipe)
- 6 cups hot cooked angel hair (about 3/4 pound uncooked pasta)
- Basil sprigs (optional)
Drain oysters, reserving 1/3 cup juice, and set both aside.
Combine chopped green onions, skim milk, diced tasso, and garlic in a medium saucepan, and cook milk mixture over medium-low heat 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Place flour in a small bowl. Add reserved oyster juice, stirring with a whisk until blended, and add to milk mixture. Cook oyster juice mixture over medium heat 4 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly. Add oysters, chopped parsley, and Cajun-Creole Seasoning; cook 4 minutes or until edges of oysters curl. Combine oyster mixture and pasta in a large bowl; toss well. Garnish with basil sprigs, if desired.
Serving Size: 1 cup