Slow Cooker Risotto (Glenna C.)
- ( 4 servings)
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 2 shallots, peeling and minced (I used Vidalia onion, about 1/4 C, or whatever you prefer)
- 1 1/4 C Arborio rice
- 1/4 C dry white wine.
- 3 3/4 C low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 parmesan or parmesan-reggiano cheese
1. Heat oil in small saute pan over medium heat, and saute shallots (or onion) until softened.
2. Scrape into bowl of cooker.
3. Toss in rice and coat with oil/shallots mixture.
4. Stir in wine, broth, salt.
5. Cover and cook on high 2 hours until all liquid is absorbed.
6. Stir in cheese before serving.