- 1 bag of lettuce or kale (I used regular salad in a bag)
- 1-2 bags of microwaveable pre-cooked quinoa - choose olive oil flavored or plain (your choice how much, I used one bag because this was a side not my meal. I'd use two if this was my dinner)
- 3-4 Macintosh apples
- Add candied walnuts, dried cranberries or blueberries, and goat cheese if you want!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 lemon's juice (or a little from the bottled kind)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
In a large bowl mix the salad greens or kale with any extra non-cheese ingredients like nuts and berries. Microwave quinoa and add this as well.
The apples can be cut into small pieces and added raw, or cooked with a little butter (no more than 1-2 tbsp depending on number of apples) in a frying pan with cinnamon and nutmeg - cooked is highly recommended cause it tastes like apple pie!!! Do not peel the apples, the skin is good for you.
Add the apples to the salad. Stir and mix so the quinoa, apples, nuts and berries are mixed throughout the greens.
Mix the dressing in a small bowl (oil first, then slowly pouring and stirring in vinegar, lemon, and syrup, and finally spices.)
Add dressing to your preference, and add cheese last so it doesn't melt too quickly!