Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffles
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups crushed pretzels
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 bags chocolate chips, semisweet or milk
Adapted from nu.spoonuniversity.com
1. Using an electric mixer, combine peanut butter and butter until creamy and smooth.
2. Gradually incorporate powdered sugar until combined.
3. Mix in crushed pretzels until the mixture has a dough-like consistency.
4. Take a heaping teaspoon of dough and shape it into a ball, then place it on a baking sheet. Repeat for all of the dough. Tip: chill the dough for 10 minutes just to make it easier to roll into balls.
5. Refrigerate the balls on the baking pan for at least 30 minutes. This will make them easier to dip into chocolate.
6. As the balls are cooling, melt chocolate chips in a microwave for about 1 minute and 30 seconds or until smooth. Be sure to stir the chocolate chips halfway through and watch them carefully the entire time. Chocolate can burn easily in the microwave.
7. Use a spoon to dip the balls into the melted chocolate, rolling around to coat it entirely. Place the coated balls back on the baking sheet.
8. Freeze or refrigerate truffles until chocolate has hardened, at least 30 minutes. Serve right away or store in the fridge.