Shrimp Caesar Salad with Basil Pesto Crostini
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 8 slices (1/2-inch-thick) diagonally cut French bread baguette
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 4 teaspoons basil pesto (such as Pesto Sanremo)
- 8 cups Italian-blend salad greens (about 1 1/2 [10-ounce] bags)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound medium shrimp cooked and peeled
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
Preheat oven to 350º.
Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl; cover buttermilk mixture, and chill.
Coat both sides of bread with cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet, and bake at 350º for 5 minutes on each side. Spread 1/2 teaspoon pesto on one side of each slice of bread.
Combine greens and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; toss well. Add buttermilk dressing; toss well to coat. Serve with crostini.
Serving Size: 2 cups salad and 2 crostini