Homemade Peanut Butter and Jelly Cups
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Freeze Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 24 oz. good quality semi-sweet chocolate (or whatever chocolate you like)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Your favorite jelly or preserves
Adapted from spoonuniversity.com
1. Line muffin tins with aluminum cupcake/muffin liners.
2. In a microwave proof bowl, add the chocolate and vegetable oil. Microwave for 30 second intervals, removing after each interval and stirring with a spoon until smooth. Should be about 3 intervals.
3. Pour one spoonful of melted chocolate on the bottom of each liner.
4. Spoon a dollop of the peanut butter in the center of the chocolate, and a spoonful of jelly on top of the peanut butter. Make sure the pb&j are in the center of the chocolate and not touching the sides of the liners.
5. Pour melted chocolate over the peanut butter and jelly dollops to cover them completely.
6. Smooth the top out with a spoon and sprinkle with a few flakes of sea salt. Repeat until you’ve filled all the molds.
7. Freeze for 30 minutes, until firm, then remove, wrap and refrigerate until ready to eat.