Belgian Endive And Apple Salad With Cranberry Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (preferably extra-virgin)
- 2 tablespoons frozen cranberry juice concentrate thawed
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 3 heads Belgian endive thinly sliced
- 2 Red Delicious or Fuji apples unpeeled, cored, and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup thinly-sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup walnuts toasted, and coarsely chopped
Whisk oil, cranberry juice concentrate and vinegar in small bowl to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Combine endive and apples in medium bowl. Pour dressing over; toss to coat. Sprinkle cranberries, green onions and walnuts over and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per serving: calories, 217; total fat, 11 g; saturated fat, 1 g; cholesterol, 0.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Seed... 4.5/5 (220 Votes)
- Southern Strawberry-Pineapple... 3.9/5 (298 Votes)
- Cranberry Christmas Cake 3.9/5 (186 Votes)
- St. Patrick's Day Spinach Pancakes... 4.5/5 (120 Votes)
- Stuffed Turkey Breast with... 4.5/5 (75 Votes)
- Braised Escarole & Cannellini Beans 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Escarole Soup 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Maple Seared Scallops 0/5 (0 Votes)