Tartar Sauce III
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced sweet pickle
- 1 hard-boiled egg forced through
- a coarse sieve
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons drained bottled capers
- 1/2 teaspoon crumbled dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons Creole or Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
In a small bowl stir together all the ingredients until the tartar sauce is combined well. (The sauce may be made 1 day in advance and kept covered and chilled).
This recipe yields about 1 1/2 cups.