Pistachio-Apple Bars with Chia Seeds
These homemade apple bars are packed with nuts and flavor for a delicious snack!
- 1/3 cup cashew butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups puffed barley cereal
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup dried apple, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/3 cup dry-roasted pistachios, chopped
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon black chia seeds
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Combine cashew butter, honey, olive oil, vanilla, and salt in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until bubbly.
Combine cereal, oats, apple, cranberries, and pistachios in a medium bowl. Pour cashew butter mixture over barley mixture; toss well to coat.
Press into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with chia seeds, pressing to adhere. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes or until set. Cool completely in dish.
You'll also love
- Affogato shakes (coffee shake) 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- 5-Ingredient Beef Stew 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Man Pleasing Gluten Free Blueberry... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Roasted Cauliflower and Grapes 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Pear and Apple Cardamom Ginger... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Apricot Oat Bars 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Apple Pie Shot 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Hash 4.8/5 (5 Votes)