Strawberry And Arugula Salad With Hazelnut Dressing
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts - (3 oz)
- 1 tablespoon Sherry vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons hazelnut oil
- 3/4 pound arugula - (9 cups) tough stems discarded
- 1/2 pound strawberries - (1 1/2 cups) trimmed, and quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 cup mild fresh goat cheese - (2 oz) crumbled
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Roast the nuts in a shallow baking pan in middle of oven until golden, 10 to 15 minutes. Rub warm nuts in a kitchen towel to remove skins (don't worry if some skins don't come off). Cool the nuts and then coarsely chop.
Whisk together vinegar, lemon juice, shallot, sugar, salt, and pepper, to taste. Add oils in a slow stream, whisking until combined well.
Toss together arugula, strawberries, hazelnuts, and dressing. Divide salad among plates and dot with the goat cheese.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Spinach Salad With Oranges And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Lemongrass Tofu 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Southern Cornmeal-Crusted Catfish 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Marionberry Compote With Angel... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Individual Cranberry Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamed Spinach With Shiitake... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Strawberry Ice-Cream Sodas 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Arugula Salad With Cherry Tomatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)