- Kosher salt
- 1 pound penne rigate with ridges
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 35 oz can chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (This is for the spicer version...for all you wimps cup it down to 1/4!)
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 6 leaves freshly chopped basil (actually more)
- Parmigiano Reggiano
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add kosher salt to the water, then add pasta. Cook according to package instructions, about 9 minutes, al dente.
In a large skillet over medium high heat add the olive oil and heat until it starts to shimmer. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant 1 to 2 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning and salt to taste. Bring to a boil and cook for five minutes. Remove from the heat and add the chopped basil.
Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce. Garnish with Parmigiano-Reggiano flakes and more basil. Serve warm.
You'll also love
- Mayonnaise Cornbread for 2 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Venison Chili 4/5 (1 Votes)
- White Wine Pasta Sauce with... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Baked Zucchini Noodles with Cheese... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Cheese Tortellini... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Fettuccine Alfredo with Spicy... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Beef Stew with Mushrooms and Penne... 0/5 (0 Votes)