Grilled Corn and Black Bean Salad
- 4 ears fresh corn, shucked
- 3 tablespoons EVOO
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 ounces queso fresco, crumbled
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
Adapted from rachaelraymag.com
Preheat a grill to medium. Add the corn and grill until charred in spots, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
In a large bowl, whisk together the EVOO, lime juice, chili powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Using a large, sharp knife, carefully cut the corn kernels from the cobs and transfer to the bowl. Add the beans, radishes, scallions and cilantro; toss well. Divide the salad among 4 plates; top with the queso and avocado.
AN EXTRA BUCK WILL BUY YOU corn chips. Instead of croutons, use crushed blue or white corn chips for crunch.
You'll also love
- Sweet Potato Bread 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- BAKED JUICY CHICKEN BREASTS 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Carrabba's Dipping Olive Oil 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- black eyed peas 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Guanimes (corn) 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cheesy Slow-Cooker Creamed Corn 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Mediterranean Chickpea Salad 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Refried Black Beans (PW) 4.5/5 (2 Votes)