Quinoa-Black Bean Casserole
Calories: 255.9 Fat: 4.3 g Protein: 15.4 g Carbs: 40.7 g Fiber: 9.6 g
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 3 cups cooked black beans (or two
- 15-ounce cans, drained and rinsed)
- 2 large sweet potatoes, shredded
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- Liberal pinches salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Prepare a 9” x 9”
casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the quinoa, black
beans, sweet potato, 1⁄2 cup of the cheese, and
the cumin, salt, and pepper. In a small bowl,
mix together the eggs and the salsa. Pour the
salsa mixture over the vegetables, then pour
everything into the prepared casserole dish.
3. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top
and bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Garnish
with the cilantro.