- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds toasted
- 1 teaspoon sugar plus
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 containers nonfat cream cheese - (8 oz ea) room temperature
- 8 ounces "brick" Neufchàtel cheese room temperature (reduced-fat cream cheese)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup nonfat sour cream
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat eggs to blend in small bowl. Combine cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup almonds, 1 1/2 tablespoons beaten egg and 1 teaspoon sugar in processor. Using on/off turns, blend until almonds are finely ground and crumb mixture holds together, adding more beaten egg by teaspoonfuls if mixture is crumbly.
Press crumb mixture onto bottom and up sides of 9-inch-diameter glass pie dish (crust will be thin). Bake crust until set, about 8 minutes. Cool while preparing filling.
Beat nonfat and reduced-fat cream cheeses and remaining 3/4 cup sugar in large bowl until smooth. Beat in remaining beaten eggs, then vanilla extract, lemon peel and almond extract. Gently spread filling in prepared crust. Bake cheesecake until puffed and firm to touch in center, about 40 minutes.
Remove cheesecake from oven. Spread sour cream evenly over top; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup almonds. Cool cheesecake on rack 1 hour. Refrigerate uncovered until cold, then cover and refrigerate overnight. Cut into wedges.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
Per serving: calories, 346; total fat, 12 g; saturated fat, 4 g; cholesterol, 93 mg.