Bourbon Glazed Chicken Wings
- ◾1/2 cup bourbonBourbon Glazed Wings recipe - chicken wings marinated in a quick homemade bourbon hot sauce then baked. These wings were SO good! I am going to make them again for dinner this week. There weren't any left!
- ◾1 cup ketchup
- ◾1/2 cup hot pepper sauce (such as Crystal)
- ◾1/4 cup tomato paste
- ◾3 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- ◾1 tsp onion powder
- ◾1/2 tsp garlic powder
- ◾1/4 tsp salt
- ◾1/4 tsp pepper
- ◾3 pound chicken drumettes
Adapted from plainchicken.com
In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk together bourbon, ketchup, hot pepper sauce, tomato paste, brown sugar, onion powder and garlic powder. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens slightly, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Season marinade with salt and pepper. Remove marinade from heat; cool to room temperature.
Place chicken drumettes in ziplock bag. Pour 1/2 cup of marinade into bowl and set aside. Pour remaining marinade over and turn drumettes to coat. Refrigerate drumettes and reserved sauce overnight.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheet with foil. Place cooling rack on top of prepared baking sheet.
Arrange drumettes on rack, spacing slightly apart. Bake drumettes (still on cooling rack) for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, brush with some of the reserved marinade. Return to oven and continue baking for another 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven; brush drumettes with more of the reserved sauce on both sides. Transfer drumettes to serving platter. Serve with ranch and bleu cheese dressing
You'll also love
- Cream of Mushroom Soup 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Parisian "Ratatouille" 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Southwest Cornmeal Bacon 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Lamb Shanks With Currants &... 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Steamed Chicken Breast with wine,... 4/5 (4 Votes)
- CHICKEN TENDERS W/ HONEY MUSTARD... 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Chicken Hot and Sticky Lemon... 4/5 (3 Votes)