Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 1 head of cauliflower (about 2 pounds)
- 2 Tbsp. + 2 more Tbsp. lard/bacon fat or tallow
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup green peas (optional)
- 4 large eggs, whisked
- 6 Tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. fish sauce
- Sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
1. Chop the cauliflower into florets. Working in batches, place a few florets into the food processor or blender and pulse 2 or 3 times or until rice sized pieces are formed. Place in a separate bowl and continue until all of the cauliflower is riced.
2. Heat your skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add 2 Tbsp. of lard/bacon fat or tallow to the pan and allow it to melt. Add the onions, garlic and carrots and cook for about 2-3 minutes. If using peas, add them and cook 1 additional minute. Remove from pan and set aside in a large bowl.
3. Next add your whisked eggs to the pan and scramble them until they are lightly browned. Add a little sea salt and pepper, remove from pan and add them to the large bowl with the vegetables.
4. Next add the remaining 2 Tbsp. of lard/bacon fat or tallow to the pan and allow it to get very hot. Add the riced cauliflower to the pan and toss it in the oil. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, only stirring every couple minutes so that it allows some pieces on the bottom to fry and get brown and crispy.
5. Add the vegetable and rice mixture back to the pan and stir to combine. Add the sesame oil, coconut aminos, fish sauce and stir to combine. Remove from heat and add additional salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!