Green Beans with Dried Cranberries and Hazelnuts
- 2/3 c hazelnuts
- 12 c water
- 1 1/2 lb green beans, trimmed
- 3 T hazelnut oil
- 1/3 c thinly sliced shalots
- 2/3 c dried cranberries
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Spread hazelnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until the skins begin to split, turning once.
3. Transfer toasted nuts to dish and rub with towel to remove skins. Coarsely chop nuts.
4. Bring 12 c water to a boil. Add beans and cook 4 minutes until crisp/tender. Drain, plunge in ice water, drain, dry.
5. Heat large skillet over medium heat, add oil to pan and swirl to coat. Add shallots and cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add beans and cook another 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Add cranberries and hazelnuts; cook one minute, sprinkle with salt and pepper.