Rack Of Lamb With Caramelized Shallots And Thyme Crust
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large shallots chopped - (1/2 cup)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup pulverized fresh bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves (or 2 tspns dried thyme, crumbled)
- 1 Frenched rack of lamb (7 or 8 ribs) room temperature, trimmed of as much fat as possible
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a small skillet, heat oil over moderate heat until hot but not smoking and cook shallots with salt and pepper, stirring, until golden, about 5 minutes. Add vinegar and boil until liquid is evaporated. Remove skillet from heat and stir in breadcrumbs and thyme. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Season lamb with salt and pepper. Sear in saute pan in vegetable oil until brown from all sides. Transfer, rib-side down, to a small roasting pan. Spread meat side with mustard and pat on crumb mixture evenly. Roast lamb in middle of oven until a meat thermometer registers 120 degrees for medium-rare, 25 to 30 minutes.
Carefully transfer lamb to a cutting board and let stand 5 to 10 minutes. Slice lamb into chops.
This recipe yields 2 servings.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Flan With Pumpkin Seed... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Potato Saffron Omelet 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Oyster-Bacon Stuffing 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mini Beef Wellingtons With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Warm Asparagus And Bacon Toast,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Skewered Lamb With Mint Pesto 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Haricots Verts With Shallot... 0/5 (0 Votes)