SHERRY'S BEEF LASAGNA
- 2 cups canned diced tomatoes
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 chopped fresh parsley
- 2 medium chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme (pull leaves from stem)
- 2 teaspoons Sweet Italian Herb Blend or Herb de Province
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 6 to 9 lasagna noodles (use Barilla no boiling required Lasagne)
- 12 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- 1/2 grated Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Asiago cheese
- 2 eggs
Brown ground beef and Italian sausage with 1 Napa Valley Beef set aside in refrigerator.
Saute peppers in 1 stick butter until tender, add onions and another stick butter and sauté until onions are slightly yellow and tender, and add thyme, parsley and garlic and sauté about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, Lady & Sons salt Mix, Sweet Italian Herb Blend, Lemon Pepper Seasoning, Paprika Spice Blend and sugar. Turn heat to low and simmer about three hours.
Mix ricotta, cream cheese, and eggs in a bowl and set aside.
Layer ingredients as follows: sauce; noodles; egg, cream cheese, ricotta mixture; ground beef and Italian sausage; remaining grated cheeses (Romano, Parmesan, Gruyere Asiago, Swiss, and Mozzarella) one cheese at a time.
Repeat above layers until all ingredients have been used. Bake in 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes. If top gets too brown, cover with foil.