1 serving equals 589 calories, 25 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 1,147 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 40 g protein.
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 2 cups water
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) corn, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- My Savings Add to Grocery List
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a Dutch oven, slowly bring the chicken and water to a boil. Cover and simmer for 45-60 minutes or until chicken is tender, skimming the surface as foam rises.
Remove chicken and set aside until cool enough to handle. Remove and discard skin and bones. Cube chicken and return to broth.
Add the potatoes, onions, beans and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in remaining ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Yield: 6 servings.