Honey Mustard Chicken Wings
- 3 pounds chicken wings (drumettes and tips)
- Salt and pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha (add more for extra spice)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line the bottom of a rimmed cookie sheet with foil for easy cleanup. Put a cooling rack (usually used for cakes and cookies) onto the cookie sheet. This allows the heat to circulate better and helps the wings to develop a crispy skin. Lay the chicken wings out on the rack and season with a bit of salt and pepper and a quick spray of cooking oil.
Put them into the oven, cook about 20 minutes, flip them over, and cook another 20 minutes. Turn on the broiler and cook another 5 minutes on each side. This will give them a nice rich brown color and crispy skin. Keep an eye on them so that they don’t burn. Return the oven to 400° F. In a medium-sized sauce pan, combine the butter, honey, mustard, bourbon, soy sauce, and Sriracha.
Simmer for just 2 to 3 minutes so that all the flavors come together. Brush the chicken wings with the sauce and put them back in the oven for about 5 to 8 minutes. Flip them over, brush with more sauce, and cook another 5 to 8 minutes. The chicken should be pulling away from the bones and the sauce should have a great glaze going. Serve garnished with scallions and additional sauce on the side.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (891 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (905 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (742 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (708 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (680 Votes)
- Crazy Good Chicken Casserole 4.5/5 (396 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (391 Votes)