This is a deliciously beefy-zippy-fun concoction that makes a filling dish that’s still light and fresh enough to serve on hot days.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 cup pork rind flour (processed pork rinds into a fine crumb)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Adapted from yourlighterside.com
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix all egg, hamburger, seasoning, pork rind flour and 1/2 container of salsa (about 1 cup) until combined.
3. Press half of the meat mixture in a standard bread pan. Cover with 1/2 of the cheese.
5. Press remaining meat mixture over cheese.
6. Bake for an hour or until meat begins to shrink from pan sides.
7. Carefully pour out any excess liquids that might be bubbling around the edges of the dish.
8. Add the rest of the cheese.
9. Cook for five minutes more, or until cheese is bubbly.
10. Let rest 10 minutes and serve.
Serve with sour cream, guacamole, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and black olives.
Per 1/8th serving (sans added toppings and condiments): Calories: 507, Carbohydrates: 4.7g, Fiber: 1g, Net Carbohydrates: 3.7g, Protein: 33, Fat: 29g.