Roasted Shrimp with White Beans and Feta
Sustainable Choice. Roasting shrimp in the oven is a hands-off route to bringing out robust flavor; the method also helps prevent overcooking, keeping shrimp tender. Prep tip: It's easier to grate the rind before juicing the lemon.
Serves 4 (serving size: about 6 shrimp and 1/2 cup bean mixture)
Amount per serving
Calories 273 Fat 14 g Satfat 2.8 g Monofat 8.6 g Polyfat 1.4 g Protein 21 g Carbohydrate 16 g Fiber 4 g Cholesterol 149 mg Iron 1 mg Sodium 535 mg Calcium 140 mg
- 2 tablespoons plus 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/4 cup)
Adapted from myrecipes.com
1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. Combine 2 teaspoons oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a dish. Add shrimp; toss to coat. Set aside.
3. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in beans, stock, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt; cook 3 minutes.
4. Arrange shrimp on a baking sheet; roast at 450° for 4 minutes.
5. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons oil, remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice, rind, vinegar, mustard, and black pepper in a bowl. Pour half of oil mixture over beans; toss. Stir in mint. Divide evenly among 4 plates; sprinkle with feta. Arrange shrimp alongside. Top with remaining oil mixture.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (469 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Texas Trash Warm Bean Dip 4.5/5 (184 Votes)