Lamb Chops With Red Wine and Rosemary Sauce
- 8 lamb chops, fat trimmed
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 3/4 cup chicken broth or 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
1.Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season lamb chops with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
2.Add the oil to the skillet. Add chops to the pan cook 4 minutes.
3.Turn chops over and cook 3 minutes longer.
4.Remove chops from the skillet and set aside in a warm place.
5.Pour off all but 2 tsp of fat from skillet. Add the garlic and shallot. Cook until they become transparent and tender.
6.Add the wine, rosemary, and parsley, stirring up browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
7.Simmer over high heat until syrupy. That will take about 3 minutes.
8.Add the chicken broth and continue to simmer until sauce is reduced by about half.
9.Combine butter and flour in a cup (beurre manie).
10.Stir mustard and cream into sauce. Adjust seasonings. Bring to a boil.
11.Add beurre manie to sauce and stir well until incorporated into sauce and sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
12.Remove sauce from heat.
13.Plate chops, 2 per plate, and add sauce over top. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary.
You'll also love
- WEIGHT WATCHERS BAKED APPLE SPICE... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Cajun Shrimp w/Chipotle Mayonnaise 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Feta & spinach Turkey Burger 5/5 (1 Votes)
- CHEESY SAUSAGE, EGG & HASH BROWN... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Bar-Style Tarte Flambée (Alsatian... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Lamb Chops with Garlic and Olive... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Cumin, Honey, and Mint-Marinated... 5/5 (1 Votes)