Spicy Arrabiata Penne
Spicy, comforting Arrabiata penne pasta is quick easy to make. Add some cooked chicken breast meat, or some shrimp to make this a full meal.
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound penne rigate (penne pasta with ridges)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (26.42 ounce) container chopped tomatoes, such as Pomi
- 1/2 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 6 leaves fresh basil, chopped, plus more for garnish
- Block of Parmigiano-Reggiano, for garnish
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add kosher salt to the boiling water, then add the pasta. Cook according to the package instructions, about 9 minutes.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and heat until the oil starts to shimmer. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes, red chile flakes, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the chopped basil.
Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce. Garnish with Parmigiano-Reggiano flakes and more basil and serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of Valerie Bertinelli
Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/valerie-bertinelli/spicy-arrabiata-penne.html?oc=linkback