Slow Cooker Moroccan Chicken
Time 15 min.
Total Time 8 ¼ hrs
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 can (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup halved stuffed green olives
- 8 chicken drumsticks (8 drumsticks = about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups hot cooked couscous
- Sliced almonds, optional
- See more at: http://www.readyseteat.com/recipes-Slow-Cooker-Moroccan-Chicken-7725.html?utm_source=rse&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_content=hero&utm_campaign=rse_100815_sl1#sthash.CU5eMDgt.dpuf
Spray inside of 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Combine sauce, onion and olives in slow cooker.
Spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with cumin, paprika and pepper. Cook chicken 3 to 5 minutes or until browned on each side, turning several times. Place chicken in slow cooker. Add water to skillet; stir to loosen brown bits from bottom of skillet. Transfer liquid to slow cooker.
Cover; cook on LOW 8 hours or HIGH 4 hours. Serve with cooked couscous. Sprinkle with almonds, if desired.