Bulgur Risotto With Spinach And Bacon
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups coarse bulgur
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon chopped
- 12 cups baby spinach - (8 oz) trimmed
- 2/3 cup freshly-grated Parmesan
Cook onion in oil in a 2-quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat, stirring, until softened. Add garlic and cook, stirring, 30 seconds.
Add bulgur, broth, and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until bulgur is tender and creamy (like risotto), about 20 minutes.
While bulgur is simmering, cook bacon in a skillet over moderate heat, stirring, until crisp, then drain on paper towels.
Stir spinach into bulgur until wilted, then stir in Parmesan, half of bacon, and salt and pepper, to taste. Serve "risotto" sprinkled with remaining bacon.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Braised Stuffed Turkey With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Apples With Apricot And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple-Pecan Stuffing 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Warm Asparagus And Bacon Toast,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Twice Baked Potato Skins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach Salad With Strawberries 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Arugula Salad With Cherry Tomatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Warm Scallop And Spinach Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)