Strawberry Amaretto Parfait
- CUSTARD CREAM:
- 3 Cups Easy Custard Cream cooled to room temperature
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tbsp Confectioners Sugar
- 1 Cup Sliced Strawberries
- 4-5 Amaretti Cookies crushed
- 3 3/4 Cups (900 ml) Milk
- 1/2 Cup (100 ml) Heavy cream
- 1 1/2 Cups (300 gr) Sugar
- 3/4 Cup (100 gr) Corn Starch
- 10 Egg yolks
- 1 Tsp Vanilla extract
- Peel of 1 lemon
Place a bowl and beaters of an electric mixer in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
In a small bowl, crush amaretti cookies and set aside.
In the chilled bowl whip together the whipping cream and sugar until stiff peaks form.
Fold the whipped cream into the custard cream until fully incorporated.
Spoon the mixture into dessert cups or wine glasses until halfway full. Arrange the strawberry slices around the glass and cover with cream. Top with crushed amaretti cookies.
Chill before serving
In a bowl, mix the milk, heavy cream, the beaten egg yolks and the vanilla.
In a pot, add all the dry ingredients and mix well.
Put the pot on the stove at medium heath and add the milk mixture. With a wooden spoon start mixing continuously.
Add the lemon peel and continue to stir non-stop.
After about 5-7 minutes, the mix will begin to thicken and form a cream.
Once it reaches the desired cream consistency, remove the pot from the flame, remove the lemon peel and continue to stir for another 30 secs.
Stir occasionally while the cream is cooling off.
Once you remove the cream from the stove, transfer to a cooling pan and cover the entire surface of the cream with plastic wrap so that a skin will not form.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Raspberry Beignets with Vanilla... 4.6/5 (187 Votes)
- Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake 4.4/5 (181 Votes)