- 1 small onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can tomato puree - (28 oz)
- 1 can tomato paste - (6 oz)
- 1 uncooked lobster tail cut 1" pieces
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp - (abt 22/lb) shelled, deveined
- 1 squid cleaned, and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 tablespoon freshly-chopped basil
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 pound cooked linguini
- 1/4 cup freshly-grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until soft. Add tomato puree and tomato paste. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
Add lobster. After 5 minutes, add shrimp. After another 2 minutes, add calamari. The stew should be done in 2 minutes. Do not over cook calamari or it will toughen.
Add basil and red pepper flakes. Serve over linguini and sprinkle with cheese.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.