Spicy Thai Noodles with Shrimp
- 14 oz whole wheat linguine, fettuccine, or spaghetti
- 1 1/2 Tbsp* crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup toasted sesame oil
- 5 Tbsp honey
- 6 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 lbs raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro, minced
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts
Heat 4+ quarts of water in a large pot over high heat. Once boiling, add pasta and cook until al dente, about 10-14 minutes. Drain and keep hot.
Meanwhile, combine the crushed red pepper and oil in a small sauce pan. Heat the oil over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes. With a colander, strain out the crushed red pepper, reserving the oil. To the oil, add the honey and soy sauce; whisk to combine. Add raw shrimp to sauce while pasta finished cooking.
In the pot used to cook the pasta, pour in the shrimp and sauce. Over medium-high heat, cook the shrimp until pink and curled, about 5 minutes. Add the hot pasta and using tongs, cook the pasta and shrimp for an additional 2-3 minutes to absorb the sauce. Remove from heat and top noodles with green onion, cilantro, and peanuts. Serve hot.
*use more or less crushed red pepper depending on your heat preference.
Yield: 7 servings (about 1 1/3 cups each)
Nutrition Information (per serving): 494 calories; 17.3 g. fat; 129 mg. cholesterol; 720 mg. sodium; 54.0 g. carbohydrate; 4.9 g. fiber; 32.0 g. protein; 14.9 g. sugar
You'll also love
- Broccoli Bites 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Tomato Pie Dip 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Spinach and Ricotta Gnocchi with... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Hatch Tomato Sauce for Gnocchi 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Jerk Spiced Tilapia 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes with Ham &... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Supreme Clam Chowder 5/5 (1 Votes)