Raw Chicken Cat Food
---NOTE: THIS IS RAW FOOD FOR CATS, NOT PEOPLE---
Cats are obligate carnivores. This closely mimics a natural diet of small birds and rodents.
- 4.5 pounds chicken thighs with bone.
- 7 ounces (200 grams) raw chicken liver
- 14 ounces (400 grams) raw chicken heart. If you can't source chicken heart, then substitute with 4000 mg Taurine. If you do omit raw heart, remember to make up the missing 14 ounces of heart with additional chicken thigh meat.
- 8 ounces (.24 liter) water. Use bottled spring water, not tap water which can have too many chemicals.
- 4 raw egg yolks
- 2000 mg Taurine. This is in addition to the taurine you may have added if you didn't use hearts. Taurine is water soluble so you don't have to worry about your cat getting too much.
- 4000 mg wild salmon or wild caught small fish oil
- 200 mg Vitamin B Complex
- 200 IU Vitamin E
Adapted from feline-nutrition.org
Grind Thighs (Including the bones), Hearts, and Livers.
Mix remaining ingredients together
Add to ground chicken and mix thoroughly.
Unused portions can be frozen until needed.