Grilled Tuna And Star Fruit Salad
- MUSTARD DRESSING:
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh tuna fillet, 1"-thk cut 4 pieces (or use swordfish or salmon fillet)
- Mustard Dressing (see below)
- 2 star fruit cut crosswise
- into 1/4" thick slices
- 8 cups torn mixed lettuce
- 1 cucumber peeled, halved
- lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
Arrange the tuna on a lightly oiled grilling tray or broiler pan. Place 1/4 cup of the Mustard Dressing in a small bowl. Brush some dressing over the fish. Grill or broil, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
Turn the fish and arrange the star fruit alongside it on the grilling tray. Brush the fish and star fruit lightly with the dressing. Return to the grill. Cook for 3 to 6 minutes longer, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
Combine the lettuce and cucumber in a large salad bowl. Add the remaining dressing and toss to coat well. Divide the salad evenly among 4 dinner plates. Place 1 piece of tuna on the center of each salad. Arrange the star fruit slices around each salad plate. Sprinkle with green onions.
Mustard Dressing: Combine the mayonnaise, lime juice, mustard, dill, and paprika in a small bowl and mix well. Chill until ready to use. (Makes about 1/2 cup)
This recipe yields 4 servings.