- 4 marlin steaks - (6 to 8 oz ea)
- Vegetable oil
- 1 large carrot julienned
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup thinly-sliced bok choy
- 1 cup shredded Chinese cabbage
- 1/2 Vidalia onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 3 tablespoons poppyseed dressing
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil - (to 1/3)
Season marlin with salt and pepper, rub with olive oil. Grill until they just turn white and are firm.
Heat oil in a wok until very hot. Sauté carrots and red cabbage until just limp, add bok choy, chinese cabbage and onion, sauté until warm but crisp, about 2 minutes.
In a small bowl, whisk together vinaigrette ingredients, excluding the olive oil. Slowly add oil in a small stream until the dressing is emulsified. Place vegetables in the center of the plate. Place grilled marlin on top. Drizzle vinaigrette over marlin and around the edge of the plate. Garnish with fresh orange sections.
This recipe yields 4 servings.