Grilled Calamari On Mizuna Greens
- SPICY RED CHIMICHURRI SAUCE:
- 16 baby calamari - (to 20) tentacles included
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Spicy Red Chimichurri Sauce (see below)
- 2 bunches mizuna or field greens washed, dried
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar reduced to 1/3 cup
- 12 garlic cloves - (to 15)
- 1 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup dry oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup Spanish sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Spicy Red Chimichurri Sauce: Place all ingredients in food processor and pulse until pureed. (Makes about 3 cups)
Season calamari with salt and pepper. Marinate in Spicy Red Chimichurri Sauce for about 1 hour. Remove from marinade, place on hot grill and cook until grill marks show on both sides. Toss mizuna greens with olive oil and lemon juice.
Arrange calamari on plate with mizuna greens. Drizzle with the balsamic reduction.
This recipe yields 4 servings.