Crab Melt Sandwiches
- 1 pound fresh lump crab meat, picked over
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, or to taste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Creole mustard
- 4 slices brioche, 1" thick
- Softened unsalted butter if desired
- 4 tablespoons freshly-grated Parmesan
- Lime wedges for accompaniment
- Chopped fresh chives for garnish
Put lump crab meat in a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon lime juice and toss to combine.
In a small bowl whisk together remaining tablespoon lime juice, mayonnaise, and mustard until smooth. Pour sauce over crab and toss to coat. Season crab mixture with salt and pepper and chill, covered, 30 minutes.
Lightly toast brioche and with a 3 1/4-inch round cutter cut out rounds. Lightly butter. Spoon one fourth crab mixture onto round and set on an ungreased baking sheet. Repeat procedure with remaining crab mixture and rounds and sprinkle 1 tablespoon Parmesan over each sandwich.
Broil sandwiches about 3 inches from heat until cheese is melted and golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve sandwiches with lime wedges and garnish with chives.
This recipe yields 4 sandwiches.
You'll also love
- Crab Cakes 0/5 (0 Votes)