- 1 quart crisp coarsely-shredded lettuce
- 1 pound fresh-cooked crab meat well picked over (Dungeness, lump, or backfin)
- 4 tomatoes quartered
- 4 hard-cooked eggs peeled, quartered
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup heavy cream whipped
- 2 tablespoons finely-grated scallions
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced green bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 pinch salt
On 4 luncheon-size plates, make beds of lettuce. Mound crab on top. Combine dressing ingredients and spoon over crab, then garnish each plate with tomatoes and hard-cooked eggs.
This recipe yields 4 servings.