Shrimp & Cheddar Grits Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked stone-ground grits
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (31-40 per pound)
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
Place the first five ingredients in a 3-qt. slow cooker; stir to combine. Cook, covered, on high 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until water is absorbed and grits are tender, stirring every 45 minutes.
Stir in cheese and butter until melted. Stir in remaining ingredients; cook, covered, on high 15-30 minutes or until heated through.